Narsingdi's NKM school show-caused as 219 students dropped before SSC exam
Narsingdi's Nasima Kadir Molla (NKM) High School and Home has been asked to explain allegations of student selection following its 2026 SSC results. While all 382 examinees from the institution scored GPA-5, 219 of the 601 students enrolled in Class 9 in 2024 did not appear for the SSC exam this year. The Dhaka Education Board has sought an explanation from the institution over allegations that students were not allowed to fill out exam forms based on test exam results in order to maintain a 100 percent GPA-5 rate.
The school's head teacher has been asked to appear in person with necessary information within seven working days to explain the allegations.
The directive was given in a letter signed by Professor Dr Md Masud Rana Khan, School Inspector of the Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board, Dhaka, on Sunday.
The board's letter has asked for information on students admitted, those registered in Class 9, those who appeared in the SSC selection tests and those who filled out SSC exam forms. The head teacher has been asked to appear in person with the information and explain the reasons for the allegations, which the letter described as "highly urgent."
This year, 382 students from the institution appeared for the SSC exam, with 376 from the science section and six from the business education section, all securing GPA-5. Last year, all 320 examinees from the institution also secured GPA-5.
According to the institution, 601 students were enrolled in Class 9 in 2024, but only 382 appeared for the SSC exam in 2026. This means 219 students did not take the exam after Class 9 registration.
Students and parents alleged that many students were not allowed to fill out SSC forms after failing the test exams. They claimed the institution used test exams as a selection tool to maintain a 100 percent GPA-5 record. Many of the excluded students later enrolled in other institutions and appeared for the SSC exams.
However, head teacher Md Emon Hossain denied the allegations, saying students who passed the test exams were allowed to fill out forms following government directives and board circulars.
He also said there are board circulars regarding not allowing students who fail test exams to fill out forms. He maintained they followed instructions from the Ministry of Education and the board. He attributed the school's good results to strict discipline, regular classes, extra teaching hours and close supervision of students.
Professor Dr Syed Akhtaruzzaman, chairman of the Bangladesh Inter-Education Board Coordination Committee and Dhaka Education Board chairman, said information has been sought from several institutions regarding student registration, test exam results and SSC form filling. The allegations will be examined after reviewing the information.
Leave A Comment