No clear govt statement yet on PR-based elections: Salahuddin
BNP National Standing Committee member Salahuddin Ahmed has said that the government has yet to make a clear announcement regarding the proposed Proportional Representation (PR) system for national elections.
Speaking to journalists on Friday morning after paying respects at the grave of the late Mawlana Shah Ahmad Shafi (Allama Shafi) at Al-Jamiatul Ahlia Darul Uloom Muinul Islam in Hathazari, Salahuddin emphasized that “no law is above the sovereign will of the people.”
Regarding the ongoing political reform discussions, he said the draft of the July Charter had been shared with all political parties. “The final version of the charter will incorporate the recommendations that received consensus,” he said.
Ahmed further noted that although the charter has not yet been formally signed, implementation would be based on national consensus. “Out of 826 proposals, we have agreed on all except 51. We are optimistic that a unified agreement on state restructuring will be reached,” he added.
BNP Standing Committee member Nazrul Islam Khan was also present during the visit.
Leave A Comment
You need login first to leave a comment