Indian envoy mourns 7 Bangladeshis killed in Kolkata hotel fire
Indian High Commissioner to Dhaka Dinesh Trivedi has expressed condolences over the deaths of seven Bangladeshi nationals in a devastating fire at a residential hotel in Kolkata and assured that necessary measures would be taken in connection with the incident.
Speaking to reporters after meeting Health Minister Sardar Mohammad Sakhawat Husain at the Secretariat on Thursday morning (August 20), Trivedi said everything necessary would be ensured for the affected families.
"We will ensure whatever is necessary for the affected families," the Indian envoy said.
During the meeting, the health minister said Prime Minister Tarique Rahman had been invited by the Indian high commissioner to visit India. Trivedi also said he was pleased to be in Bangladesh, according to the minister.
The Bangladesh Deputy High Commission in Kolkata said four of the Bangladeshi victims were members of the same family from Kushtia, while another was from Dhaka. The identities of the remaining victims were yet to be confirmed.
The mission also said six other Bangladeshi nationals who were injured in the fire had been discharged from hospital after receiving treatment.
A 24-hour helpline has been opened to help confirm the identities of the deceased and provide assistance to their relatives.
Leave A Comment