Major changes in Class XI admission policy, migration facility scrapped
The Education Ministry is set to introduce several changes to the admission rules for Class XI this year. According to the new decision, students will now have a single opportunity to apply online, unlike previous years when multiple phases were allowed. Additionally, once admission is confirmed, the facility to change colleges or migrate will no longer be available.
A meeting of the committee formed with experts from the Education Ministry, various education boards and Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET) was held on August 16 to finalise the admission policy. The decision to reduce the admission phases and start the academic year for Class XI quickly was taken at that meeting.
Under the new system, students who pass SSC and equivalent examinations will apply by selecting their preferred colleges in the first phase. Since there will be only one application round, the option to change preferences through migration will not be available. However, if results change after scrutiny, the affected students will be able to apply again. Additionally, provisions are being planned for students who do not get a college, fail to confirm admission, or are excluded from the application process for any reason.
The admission schedule has also been advanced significantly. The Inter-Education Board Coordination Committee had initially proposed starting applications from September 15 and completing the admission process by November 10. However, the Education Ministry did not agree to that proposal. Under the new plan, online applications may begin in early September, with Class XI classes targeted to start in the last week of the same month. Students who apply again after result scrutiny and get college changes are also expected to start classes by October 1.
Professor Syed Akhtaruzzaman, chairman of the Inter-Education Board Coordination Committee and chairman of the Dhaka Education Board, said the Class XI admission policy is being formulated. The draft policy is expected to be finalised by Thursday, after which it will be sent to the ministry for final issuance. He said the focus is on starting academic activities quickly to restore discipline in the education system.
According to the academic calendar, Class XI classes are supposed to begin on July 1. However, in recent years, delayed SSC results and admission processes have made it impossible to start classes on time. Last year, SSC results were published on July 10 and Class XI classes began on September 15 after the admission process. This year, SSC results were published on August 10, so the Education Ministry wants to complete admissions by September and start classes without further delay.
Leave A Comment