Views Bangladesh Logo

Two more deaths with measles symptoms

Staff Reporter

Staff Reporter

The Directorate General of Health Services has said two more people have died with measles symptoms in the country in the past 24 hours. One of them was a resident of Dhaka division and the other of Sylhet division. This has taken the number of deaths with measles symptoms in the country since 15 March to 831.

This information was given in the regular bulletin of the Directorate General of Health Services on Saturday (August 22). According to the directorate’s count, another 99 people have died after measles was detected in their bodies.

The bulletin said measles was detected in 65 people in the 24 hours from 8am on Friday to 8am on Saturday.

The highest number of deaths with measles symptoms has occurred in Dhaka division, where 367 people have died so far. This is followed by 139 in Sylhet, 74 in Mymensingh, 92 in Rajshahi, 63 in Chattogram, 49 in Barishal, 33 in Khulna and 14 in Rangpur.

The Directorate General of Health Services said 815 patients with measles symptoms reported to various hospitals across the country in the past 24 hours. Of them, 758 were admitted to hospitals.

Division-wise, 265 patients were admitted in Dhaka, 22 in Rajshahi, 91 in Sylhet, 188 in Chattogram, 110 in Barishal, 39 in Mymensingh, 27 in Khulna and 16 in Rangpur in the past 24 hours.

This has taken the number of patients admitted to various hospitals across the country with measles symptoms since 15 March to 129,583. Of them, 125,151 have been discharged after receiving treatment.

According to the Directorate General of Health Services, the number of suspected measles patients in the country has risen to 148,406. Measles has so far been confirmed in 18,273 people.

Leave A Comment

Avatar

Trending Views